Sus

I like turtles

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) - Simone Elkeles I nearly didn't finish this. I'm usually a sucker for the opposites-attract trope, but these two just didn't work for me. Their inner monologues make no sense; the process of both of them realising that they like each other much more than they want to is a torture (and not of the good kind) to behold; Alex's mamacita makes me gag; Brittany's constant "I won't/can't/shan't let them send Shelley away" is sweet but it's also POINTLESS AND THEY SEND HER AWAY ANYWAY, and look, it's not even a problem because "Brit" can just go to a different college and be as close to her sister as she would have been had her sis stayed at home.

Don't get me wrong, I loved how much Brittany cares for her sister and how protective she feels of her, so when the conflict turned out not to be one, I felt cheated and frustrated and annoyed that I'd invested any emotional energy here.

The epilogue made my eyes roll. Of course they live HEA, that's all fine, but did they have to be modern-day Curies, as well?

On the plus side, the sexual tension is great. Also, I liked many of the secondary characters, probably because I couldn't read their inner monologues.

Maybe I'm getting too old for YA romance. Or maybe [b:Pushing the Limits|10194514|Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)|Katie McGarry|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322770025s/10194514.jpg|15093690] was so awesome that it's ruined all other YA romance for me. Guess I'll have to stay away from the genre for a while.